Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

PSJA Early College High School

Logo Title

Satisfactory Academic Progress SAP

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

In order to receive federal, state, and institutional financial aid, students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

To maintain SAP, students must do 3 things:

  1. Pass Attempted Courses
    • Pass and complete a minimum of 67 percent (75 percent for Graduate Students) of all attempted courses. Classes must be completed with a passing grade. Failing grades, drops, incomplete, and withdrawals can affect a student's ability to keep their financial aid.
  2. Meet GPA criteria
    • Students must make sure their GPA is at or above the following levels:

                 Undergraduates: 2.0

                 Graduates:         3.0

  1. Not Exceed Maximum Time Limit to Receive Financial Aid
    • Undergraduate students cannot exceed 180 credit hours for a first Bachelors’ or 90 hours if seeking a second Bachelors’ degree (Maximum Time Frame = required hours to graduate from degree x 150%).
    • Graduate students working on a Master’s degree cannot exceed 63 credit hours or 45 hours if working on a second Masters’ degree
    • Graduate students working on a Doctoral degree cannot exceed 99 credit hours